
I've heard the Jackson 5 song, I Want You Back, about 10 million times. I realized yesterday when I was riding the Metro that while I've heard it, I really haven't been listening. Once I started paying attention, I couldn't believe was I was hearing little Michael Jackson say--"now since I see you in his arms (I want you back)"?? or, the most egregious:
When I had to you myself, I didn't want you around
THOSE PRETTY FACES ALWAYS MADE YOU STAND OUT IN A CROWD
Then someone picked you from the bunch, one glance was all it took
Now it's just too late for me to take a second look
Eff you, little Michael Jackson! You didn't think she was as pretty as all of the other girls chasing you so you broke up with her? And now that another guy likes her you want her back? This is like the plot to a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie. Not in a good way. Girl, I hope you stick with that new guy who picked you from the bunch because you deserve to be admired and not just an option.
FYI, I totally realize that my rage is misdirected at 13-year-old Michael since I know he didn't write the song. But still, he's the face and, more importantly, the prepubescent voice of the song. We should have known then that he was trouble.
3 comments:
oh my.
You direct your rage at Michael Jackson and look what happens... :(
May we all learn to be more tolerant of the troubled souls who walk among us, for we are them.
Post a Comment